Training and learning is a continuous process in the corporate world. Exploring effective ways of learning, one has to look at e-learning courses as the way for new-age learners. Catering to growing numbers and varied learning needs, online learning courses opens us to a world of possibilities.
From induction programs, application training, compliance, soft skills to newer methods of learning like serious gaming – the scope of online training is vast and can be widely cultivated. Taking a close look at the needs of the organization and the learner, the developer can bring a creative angle to an e-learning course. The learner as well as the organization as a whole, benefit from a well-built library of e-learning courses.
Some benefits of online training:
- Cost savings: An investment in e-learning courses brings huge returns for an organization. Arranging for a training session brings with itself a lot of expenditure: travel, stay, equipment and many more. Online training courses can successfully bridges employees across all locations, and learning does not necessitate unnecessary travel.
- Time savings: Planning for trainings can be tedious as the availability of learners as well as trainers needs to be kept in mind. A library of e-learning courses provides a definite solution to the problem of time constrains.
- Flexibility: Existing trainings or content can be creatively treated to built an online training course. Trainers can also be involved, to provide a blend of e-learning and traditional classroom training. E-Learning modules can also be updated as and when the content requires upgrading or the learner needs change.
- Evaluation: A key ingredient to learning is the evaluation. e-Learning courses ensure that effectiveness of a course is open to evaluation by the organization. Learning management systems (LMS) and other assessment engines can give regular updates of the learner’s progress through the course, the problem areas or even raise flags if the learner is slacking!
- A new flavor: Learning is often a tedious process for many but endured because it is necessary or mandatory. This tedium of learning can be broken by the creativity of online training courses. Text heavy or instructional courses can be lightened by graphics, audio-visuals or even interactive sessions-which involve a learner, as opposed to just providing pertinent information.
The benefits of e-learning courses have been validated by organizations, across the world. In fact, there are very few industries which have not explored this new way of learning and this goes on to show how it can benefit a varied set of audience. As more and more organizations embrace online training courses, it grows and strives to become a richer and effective medium of corporate learning.