Buying Second Hand Gym Equipment
It does not take extraordinary psychic ability or the powers of Nostradamus to see that the general health of our population is ailing and ailing badly! If we look around, we see that obesity has taken a very firm grip on our lives with more than one in four people now considered overweight, obese or even morbidly obese.
The abundance of food including the abundance of poor choices food, busier and busier lives, longer working hours and just a lack of time prioritised for exercising has resulted in this situation.
What is great however is the noticeable shift in the thinking of people. We are starting to wake up and realise we need to do something about it! Gym memberships are sky rocketing, whether or not they do any good the creators of the late night fitness product infomercials are doing very well and home gyms are popping up all over the place!
For many people, training and working out at home is the best option that fits in with all aspects of our busy lives. You don’t need a lot of adjustable benches to set yourself up but there is a certain core range that is good to have on hand especially if you are following a top shelf lose weight program such as Turbulence Training for example.
It will depend on the types of workouts you will be doing such as weight lifting workouts, strength training routines, interval training workouts, circuit training workouts or any other number of burn fat exercises but as a minimum you will need the following home gyms equipment:
· At least 2 but preferably 3 or more sets of dumbbell handles to avoid continuous weights changing
· A decent sized barbell
· A bench – preferably one that can also be set up as an incline or decline
· A smaller barbell or other small bar like a curl bar
· An abs wheel or stability ball
· At least 100kg of free weights
If you look at buying all these items from the usual retail stores then you will certainly have lost a great deal of weight already – it will just be from your hip pocket! To try and stock your home gym with discounted gym olympic barbell it is best to get your hands on some second hand gym equipment. Here are the best places:
· The second hand shop or pawn brokers. Because of their good price, many people hard up on their luck or those who have upgraded choose to sell their items. Their loss is your gain and this is a great place to pick up a bargain!
· Garage or lawn sales are another perfect option to try and find bits and pieces if you don’t mind oddments or scouring the whole countryside!
· eBay – always a winner but shipping costs can sometimes add too much to the price
· Community notice boards are a hotspot for cheap gym equipment but you have to get in fast!
At the end of the day, for the person who is happy to take the time to look and search for cheap gym equipment, the second hand market is certainly a good way to go and there are many bargains to be found.
If however you are in a hurry or don’t have the time to roam the city on a treasure hunt then why not take a look at the second hand and refurbished gym equipment that the well recognized Big Fitness gym equipment supplier has to offer?
Not only do they have a wide range of ever changing second hand and refurbished gym equipment, all with warranties, but they are also one of the biggest new cheap gym kettlebell suppliers anywhere. Boasting some of the cheapest prices on both new and second hand gym equipment, they really are the best at what they do.